How to Boost your Energy Levels Naturally
Many of us find ourselves feeling tired, worn out overwhelmed and stressed.
We turn to coffee and sugary treats to make it through the day and only end up feeling worse. We do our best to get an early night. But we end up lying there awake, counting sheep and wishing we could do something about the way that we’re feeling.
The good news is that you can.
Here are five easy holistic ways that you can shake off that feeling of fatigue and help your energy levels to soar.
1. Get more sleep
When you’re asleep, your body is busy repairing and restoring itself both physically and mentally and producing many essential hormones which help us stay healthy and energetic. If you don’t sleep, you’re preventing your body from working as it should.
Here are a few tips to help you drop off to sleep more easily:
1) Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day to regulate your body clock.
2) Caffeine sticks around in your body for around 12 hours, so avoid consuming it after lunch.
3) Relax before bed by reading a calming book, taking a bath, doing yoga or practicing meditation.
4) Turn off your computer, smartphone or other device at least an hour before bed.
Prioritise your sleep and you’ll soon notice how much fresher and more energised you feel.
2. Improve your diet
Food provides the essential fuel that your body and brain need to thrive. So, if you want to feel more energised, it’s important to eat a balanced diet rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Eat wholefoods that are as close to their natural state as possible.
- Avoid processed foods, especially those high in processed fats and sugars.
- Cook from scratch as often as you can.
- Include superfoods such as berries, chia seeds, broccoli, garlic, ginger and turmeric (check out this superfood supplement for extra help.)
- Don’t skip meals!
- Fill your plate with plenty of plants, especially those mineral-rich green leafy veggies (if you’re having trouble doing this, check out our NutriPlus and Green Nutri natural supplements)
3. Get more exercise
You don’t have to go and sign up for an expensive gym package to get results. Simply aim to include as much movement into your daily life as possible. Get up from your desk and move around, walk more often, take the stairs instead of the lift- it all counts!
If you can, try to include three workouts of 30 minutes duration per week to really see the benefits on your energy levels.
4. Drink plenty of water!
Tiredness is often a sign of dehydration, so it’s important to make sure you’re drinking enough water.
You should aim for6-8 x 8 oz. glasses (between 1.2-2 litres) of fluid per day, more if you’re active, pregnant, breastfeeding, living in a hot climate or you’re ill.
Invest in a reusable, plastic-free water bottle and drink from it throughout the day. Avoid fizzy drinks (soda) and processed juice drinks and opt for water, unsweetened coconut water, herbal teas or fruit teas instead.
5. Take an adaptogenic herb
Adaptogens are herbs which help your body naturally deal with stress, anxiety and fatigue by supporting the adrenal glands.
Used for thousands of years in Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic healing traditions, they provide additional support for those times when life gets extra busy or you feel overwhelmed.
Ashwagandha is one of the most popular of the adaptogens and is highly effective when either physical or mental stress is zapping your energy.
Our blend also contains B-complex vitamins such as vitamin B3 (niacin) B5 (pantothenic acid), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) that can help reduce tiredness and fatigue and keep your energy levels high.
If you’re tired of feeling tired, don’t despair! There are many easy and effective ways that you can boost your energy levels naturally, enjoy life to the max and handle whatever challenges might come your way.
Eat right, drink plenty, get exercise, sleep better and consider taking a natural supplement and you’ll be surprised at how much more energised you feel.
Have a question? Contact us here.