Why take gluten free protein powder?
Are you looking for a gluten free protein powder?
Most protein powders on the market are not gluten free, but at NutriBrio we offer a range of options including NutriRice, NutriShake, HempNutri and Pea-Nutri, so you can find the product that’s right for you.
What are the benefits of gluten free protein powder?
NutriBrio gluten free protein powders offer you all the benefits of other protein powders, but without the nasty side effects gluten may give you.
Here are some reasons to include gluten free protein powder in your diet:
- Supports muscle growth and repair. Protein is essential for building and repairing muscles. Athletes, bodybuilders, and those engaged in regular exercise take protein powder to support muscle growth and aid in recovery after intense workouts.
- Protein powder offers a quick, convenient way to increase your protein intake, especially if you have a busy life. It can be easily mixed with water or other liquids to make it a fast, delicious snack on the go.
- Helps weight management. Protein makes you feel fuller for longer in comparison to carbohydrates and fats. Incorporating protein powder into your diet can help you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
- Fills nutritional gaps. It’s hard to consistently maintain a balanced diet and get all the nutrients we need through food. Those on specialised diets such as vegetarians and vegans can find it particularly challenging. Our protein powders provide your body with protein and other key nutrients. Take a look at our article, Vegans! 10 incredible benefits of hemp protein powder.
- Supports healthy aging. As we age our muscle mass naturally declines. Adequate protein intake becomes even more important to prevent muscle loss and maintain overall health. Protein powder is an easy way to supplement protein intake which can be difficult to get from foods alone.
- Aids recovery after illness. If you are recovering from surgery or illness, protein powder supports healing and tissue repair and may be recommended by your doctor.
Why choose a gluten free diet?
Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley and rye, and it can cause problems for people who are sensitive to it.
Common symptoms of gluten sensitivity include bloating, gas, constipation, and diarrhoea. Those who are severely intolerant to gluten may be diagnosed with celiac disease (see below).
It is important to know that when you go gluten free you risk missing out on essential fibre, wholegrains, and micronutrients. That is why, at NutriBrio, we include a range of essential nutrients in our gluten free protein powders.
For example, NutriShake contains vitamins A, B12, C and E; riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, potassium, chloride, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zine, iodine, sodium and dietary fibre.
Who can be impacted by gluten sensitivity?
Gluten sensitivity can affect anyone, regardless of age or gender. It is estimated that up to 13% of the UK population have some form of gluten sensitivity.
Those who have a severe reaction to gluten may have celiac disease, which should be diagnosed by a doctor who can run two main tests.
Firstly, a gluten antibody test which is a blood test that can be done at home.
Secondly, an endoscopy where the upper part of the intestines is examined for any signs of damage from eating gluten.
What are the challenges of following a gluten free diet?
If you're interested in going gluten free, there are a few things you need to know.
Firstly, it's important to avoid foods that contain gluten – and that can be more difficult than it sounds. Be sure to read food labels carefully to avoid accidently consuming products that contain gluten.
Some foods that contain gluten are obvious, such as bread, pasta and cereal. However, many processed foods also contain gluten, including salad dressings, sauces, and soups.
It's also important to avoid cross contamination. This means that when preparing gluten free food you need to be careful not to contaminate it with products that contain gluten. For example, you should use separate utensils and chopping boards.
A gluten free diet can be challenging to follow at first, but with a little bit of practice you'll get the hang of it. There are plenty of great resources available online and in bookshops that can help you get started.
What are the health benefits of a gluten free diet?
If you suffer from unwanted symptoms after eating gluten foods, you may experience the following health benefits when you start following a gluten free diet.
Fewer symptoms of celiac disease
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder that affects the small intestine. It's caused by a reaction to gluten and can lead to serious health problems if left untreated.
There is no cure for celiac disease, but it can be managed with a gluten free diet and gluten free protein powder.
If you have celiac disease, it's important to speak to your doctor before starting a gluten free diet. They will be able to provide you with guidance on how to follow a gluten-free diet safely and ensure that you're getting the right nutrients.
Reduces chronic inflammation
If you suffer from gluten sensitivity one of the symptoms can be inflammation.
Chronic inflammation is a condition that can lead to a number of health problems, including heart disease, arthritis and cancer.
There is some evidence that consuming antioxidants and anti-inflammatory herbs can reduce inflammation. Pea-Nutri contains ingredients such as green tea and dandelion root that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Potentially improves energy levels
If you find that you often feel tired and sluggish after eating gluten-containing foods, changing to a gluten free diet may help to increase your energy levels.
NutriShake contains vitamin B12 which is essential for energy production.
Relieves digestive symptoms
Gluten sensitivity can also lead to digestive symptoms such as bloating, gas, abdominal pain or discomfort, diarrhoea, and constipation. Going gluten free can relieve these symptoms or eliminate them altogether.
Discover our range of gluten free protein powders
At NutriBio we stock a range of gluten free protein powders which can be purchased online and delivered to your home wherever you are in the UK.
If you want to learn more about our products, or have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.